- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Report a Work-related Incident or Illness
Report a work-related injury or illness and complete appropriate documentation.
Employees and volunteers on campus requiring medical care for a work-related injury or illness. If the employee or volunteer covered under Maryland's workers compensation system chooses not to use the on campus services, they may also seek treatment from a health care provider of their choice. However, they must still file an Employee’s First Report of Injury.
If you are a student requiring medical care, please seek assistance with the Student Health Center.
- Notify supervisor of the injury or exposure.
- Employee or volunteer must complete the appropriate first report of injury form,
- Faculty or staff should complete the following form: Employee First Report of Injury (Employee First Report of Injury) or (Online Form).
- Faculty or staff working outside of Maryland should complete the following form: Out of State Employee First Report of Injury (Out of State Employee First Report of Injury).
- Volunteers should complete the following form: Volunteer First Report of Injury (Online Form).
- Supervisor must complete an investigation report.
- Any witnesses should complete Accident Witness Statement.
- Regardless of whether medical treatment is required, any work-related injuries or illnesses should be reported to Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) within three (3) days of the incident.