- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Policies and Reports
NIH Notice Number: NOT-OD-19-029 - Harassment and Discrimination Protections in NIH Training Applications
UMB has prepared a response to the new NIH requirement under Institutional Training (T) Applications for a letter that includes:
- Ensuring proper policies, procedures, and oversight are in place to prevent discriminatory harassment and other discriminatory practices; and
- Responding appropriately to allegations of discrimination practices, including any required notifications to Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
The following requirement regarding reporting changes in Program Director/Principal Investigators is the responsibility of the person submitting the grant:
- Adopting and following institutional procedure for requesting NIH prior approval of a change in the status of the Program Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI) or other senior/key personnel if administrative or disciplinary action is taken that impacts the ability of the PD/PI or other key personnel to continue his/her role on the NIH award described in the training grant application (also see NOT-OD-18-172 re policy on change in PD/PI status).
Please include the attached Letter of Support provide by UMB’s Chief Accountability Officer in your grant documentation.
Enter the date and reference number for your grant application to the letter prior to submission.
University of Maryland Baltimore:
Our policies and procedures have been developed to ensure the safety and well-being of all members of the University community.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore Policy Library
- University of Maryland, Baltimore Procedure Library
University System of Maryland:
Achievement Gap Report