- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Testing Center Expectations
Expectations at the Testing Center
What students can expect on testing day:
- Go to the SMC Campus Center, Room LL005 to take your exam.
- Sign in with the proctor at the front desk using your UMB photo ID.
- You will be asked to place your personal belongings in a storage bin/locker.
- You will be shown to a seat in the testing area.
- Once your time begins, it will only be stopped if your accommodation(s) include breaks. Breaks specified in your accommodations do not count toward the total test time.
- The proctor will collect your test after your allocated test time is finished.
What students can expect from the proctors:
- Student proctors do not have access to your disability status. They are only given information specific to your testing accommodations to facilitate the test.
- Student proctors maintain the utmost confidentiality of students in the testing center.
- The proctor will enter the student’s end time of each individual exam time on the white board.
- Student proctors will not be able to answer questions specific to your exam or course content.
What students can expect from their course instructor:
- Your instructor must approve an appropriate time for you to take your exam before you may schedule it.
- Your instructor will receive your completed exam.
- Only your instructor can determine when you receive your exam results.
- The instructor does not have access to your disability status but does have access to your academic accommodations letter.
What to expect from the student test taker:
- All exams must be scheduled between five business days to two weeks in advance of the scheduled exam.
- Tests may only be scheduled through the testing center between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m., Monday-Thursday, at the SMC Campus Center, Room L005, 410-706-7714. To schedule exams, please go to the Schedule Exam link on the ESDS website.
- Testing accommodations must be approved before you may schedule a test. Please go to the ESDS Accommodation Request link for more information.
- It is your responsibility to communicate with your professor to determine an appropriate time to take the test.
- Please respect the testing environment by not speaking with other students. Please speak to the proctor only when necessary.
- Please respect the start and stop times.
- You are responsible for any materials required by your exam (Scantrons, calculator, etc.).
ESDS maintains the academic integrity and upholds the honor code at UMB. Any attempts at cheating or academic misconduct will be reported to ESDS services, your instructor, and your school’s honor code office. You can find more information from your school at http://www.umaryland.edu/policies-and-procedures/school-resources/. Please note the testing center may be monitored by video camera.