- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Listed below are resources to assist you with updating or changing personal information. With MyUMB Self Service, you can now update or change certain job and personal information online without having to complete any paperwork. Further, with Central Payroll Self Service, you can update additional payroll related information. We also included related resource information outside of Self Service which you may find helpful.
Faculty and Staff can utilize MyUMB Self Service menu to change or update the following information. It is necessary to log into MyUMB portal to make changes:
- Campus Contact Information (includes: functional title, campus email, campus phone number, campus fax number, pager number, etc.)
- Campus Address (includes: building and room number)
- Emergency Contact Information
- Home Address (these changes will only be reflected in MyUMB therefore please review information below on Address changes)
- Leave Balances (view only)
If you need assistance with accessing the portal, please review the instructions found here
In order to get your name changed in eUMB HRMS and with Central Payroll. Please submit a copy of your Social Security Card to submit along with the Change of Name/Address Form to HR Service Center. The EAF form is not needed. The IRS requires that we use the name per the employee's Social Security records. Therefore, the only valid documentation that will be accepted for proof of a name change (for payroll purposes) is the Social Security card.
If you need to change your name because you recently got married or divorced, you must complete the Change of Name/Address Form for the Department of Budget and Management and attach legal documentation of your name change (i.e., the marriage certificate). The form, along with a copy of the legal documentation, must be returned to the Benefits Office in Human Resource Services. This will only update your benefits information offered through the State of Maryland.
If you are enrolled in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) and/or a Supplemental Retirement Plan (401k, 403b or 457b), you must contact your vendor directly in order to change your name.
IMPORTANT: For employees who wish to change or update their address information there are four places that must be updated.
1. MyUMB Portal is used to update your home address in the UMB system.
2. An employee who is currently enrolled in health benefits must also notify the Department of Budget and Management, Employee Benefits Division of their change of address as follows:
- Complete the Change of Name/Address Form and follow the submission instructions on the form. This will update your address for health benefits.
3. Effective immediately Central Payroll Bureau (CPB) will no longer accept address change forms. Employees will need to complete Form W4/MW507 (Maryland residents, or residents of any other States with the exception of DC and WV), Form W4/D4 (DC residents) or Form W4/WV/IT-104 (West Virginia residents) in order to change their address. This is to ensure that employees are taxed at the appropriate local tax rate based on the county that they are moving in to. Otherwise CPB is obligated to tax at the maximum withholding rate.
These forms will have to be completed in their entirety so employees will have to complete the taxing information along with the address, i.e. number of exemptions, marital status etc. We encourage employees to use the W4 update feature in the Payroll Online Service Center (POSC) to send CPB address changes and/or W4 information changes. However, employees who wish to claim exempt, claim more than 10 exemption, or if an employee is a nonresident alien, a completed signed W4 form must be submitted to CPB.
4. If you are enrolled in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) and/or a Supplemental Retirement Plan (401k, 403b or 457b), you must contact your vendor directly in order to change your address. However, the MD State Retirement Agency/MSRA does receive records from Central Payroll; therefore, MSRA does not need to be contacted.