- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Close out a subaward on a sponsored program.
Principal Investigators (PIs) involved in sponsored research with subrecipients on a grant or contract with the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
Subawards are awards made by a grantee for the performance of a portion of the work of a sponsored project. Close out a subaward when the subrecipient’s work is complete.
More information is available on the Sponsored Program Administration (SPA) Collaborations and Subrecipients webpage.
- Verify technical reports and/or deliverables have been received from subrecipient.
- Verify final invoice has been received from subrecipient and has been paid by Accounts Payable.
- If there is a need to disencumber an unexpended balance to close the Purchase Order, email Procurement Office (cc SPA Team on this email).
- Complete & submit signed PI Subaward Closeout Authorization form to SPA Team.
- If ending subaward earlier than end date in the signed agreement, submit eSuRF for “early termination” subaward modification.
- Retain financial and technical records pertaining to this subaward for 3 years or the number of years required by the sponsor, whichever is longer.
- SPA Team will obtain the Final Invention Report, and any other final documents as required from subrecipient.