- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Request Insurance Coverage Review for Student Volunteer Activity
Report and receive approval for student volunteer activities University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
These guidelines address professional liability insurance coverage for UMB students only. It is important for students, faculty and staff to know that the professional liability insurance provided to UMB students is intended to cover only formal experiential training activities that are part of the curriculum that are organized and conducted under the supervision of the school.
For more information review the Office of Environmental Health and Safety’s (EHS) website, Information and Guidelines - Professional Liability Insurance Coverage For Student Volunteer Activities.
- Assess student activity. If it is a new event or you are unsure if the activity is covered under a previously approved event contact EHS at 6-7055 to review.
- Complete the Community Outreach - Student Volunteer Form.
- Sign form and return to EHS at 714 W. Lombard Street or fax to 6-8212.
- If a significant change in the activity arises provide EHS an updated description of the activities.