- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Relocation of Biosafety Cabinets
Approve relocation, installation, or movement of biological safety cabinets at UMB facilities.
This instruction applies to laboratory personnel according to the established guidelines for biological safety cabinets or biosafety cabinets.
- Contact EHS for recommended contracting services to decontaminate biosafety cabinet.
- Contact and schedule certification by vender in accordance with University policy.
- Once decontamination has occurred laboratory personnel will work with Biosafety Officer for review and approval of new cabinet location.
- Contact Facilities or Department Manager to have the cabinet safely moved.
- Record of decontamination will be kept on file at laboratory facility.
- Once a biosafety cabinet has been moved to another location on campus, laboratory personnel are then responsible for receiving new certification. See Certification of BioSafety Cabinets procedure.
- If certification has not occurred within one month of relocation, then the equipment will be rendered inoperable.
- EHS will post equipment with a yellow warning sign, "Do Not Use This Cabinet with Biohazardous Agents."
- Sign can be removed and equipment reactivated once biosafety cabinet has been certified.
Fill out my online form.