- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Respond to the Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Laboratory Audit Program.
Laboratory personnel at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
EHS conducts laboratory audits annually, however laboratory’s with high risk materials may necessitate more frequent audits. EHS assigns monthly timelines in the Laboratory Audit Schedule, however if you would like a more specific estimated date contact EHS at 6-7055.
Additional information on this program can be found on EHS’s Laboratory Audit Program website, including material on how to resolve items for follow-up inspections. Contact EHS directly with any additional questions.
- EHS will notify the Primary Investigator (PI) or lab manager at the beginning of the month to expect audit.
- After audit is completed, EHS will notify the PI or manager that the audit report is now available and how to access their laboratory results.
- Automated notifications begin immediately, followed by another notification at 7 days and then continuing every 15 days until there has been a proper response.
- The responsible laboratory personnel must respond within 30 days with the corrective actions in response to the audit findings.
- If you disagree with the EHS findings, provide description in the mandatory response and EHS will reach out to the PI or manager to discuss any discrepancies.
- If findings are disregarded EHS reserves the right to bring this to the attention of the appropriate school administration, up to and including the office of the dean.
- The need for a follow-up inspection is determined by EHS.
- The notification of a need for a follow-up inspection will be included in the Laboratory Safety Audit Report. The follow-up inspection is to ensure that all violations for that lab are addressed.
- The follow-up inspection will be scheduled no later than 30 days after receiving the Laboratory Safety Audit Report or by appointment. EHS encourage at least one member of the laboratory to be present at the time of the follow-up.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.