- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Human Resources Policies
UMB POLICY ON SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL FOR NONEXEMPT STAFF EMPLOYEES
- In departments that regularly operate three daily shifts, the responsible administrator shall designate the hours which constitute evening and night shifts.
- Shift differential is coded on the payroll entry by the Payroll, Department of Financial Services, and printed on the payroll journals for each employee in a job classification likely to be eligible for shift differential. The department payroll representative must enter the total dollar amount of shift differential as an exception on each biweekly payroll journal for each eligible employee. The total dollar amount is based on the amount of shift differential multiplied by the number of full or partial shifts the employee worked during the payroll period.
- Questions regarding the payroll process should be directed to the Payroll, Department of Financial Services.
- Questions regarding eligibility for shift differential should be directed to Employee/Labor Relations, Human Resource Services.
Fill out my online form.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.