- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Work and Leave Records
Provide detailed instructions and guidelines for employees, supervisors, and administrative personnel to follow when reporting, evaluating, and approving time/days worked or leave taken in order to comply with federal and state laws and university policies.
This procedure applies to all UMB employees and requires that most UMB employees submit timesheets.
This procedure applies to administrative personnel who are Authorized Affiliate Employees who have roles described in this procedure.
Some groups of UMB employees are exempt from the requirement to submit timesheets.
Employees in the following groups ordinarily do not have to submit timesheets:
- Post-doctoral fellows and trainees (Employee class 19-Trainees)
- Graduate Assistants (Employee class 4- Grad Assistants)
- Adjunct faculty (Employee class 36- Contingent 1 Faculty)
- Faculty employed less than 50% of full-time equivalent (FTE)- (except for School of Medicine faculty of clinical departments who are geographic full-time (GFT))
- Employees paid based on deliverables (Paygroup SPC-Special Pay)
In some circumstances as described in the Procedure an employee in one of the groups listed above may be required to submit timesheets or alternative time records determined by the employee’s school or unit.
Click the following link for instructions on work and leave records:
Electronic Forms- available in the eUMB portal
- Electronic Timesheet (ETS) - Document hours or days worked and leave taken (if eligible)
Paper forms can be obtained from the Financial Services website:
- Duty Day timesheet - Completed by Faculty or Exempt employee. Record days worked and leave taken when the electronic version was not entered within the window of time for on-line processing. Retain in department.
- Time in/out timesheet with leave - Completed by Non-exempt employee. Record time worked and leave taken when the electronic version was not entered within the window of time for on-line processing. Retain in department.
- Time in/out timesheet - Completed by Hourly or Non-workstudy Student employee. Record time worked when the electronic version was not entered within the window of time for on-line processing. Retain in department.
- Workstudy timesheet - Completed by Workstudy Student employee. Record hours worked when the electronic version was not entered within the window of time for on-line processing. Retain in department.
- In the MyUMB portal Enterprise Menu: UMB Systems Tutorials Browser> eUMB Electronic Timesheets
- UMB Systems Tutorials Browser Link: http://cf.umaryland.edu/ondemandtraining/enterprise/PlayerPackage/data/toc.html
COMAR 17.04.11.20 Official Records and Reports