- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Sponsored Projects Procedures
Export Controls Checklist
Checklist of “red flags” to identify activities that may require review for compliance with federal export control regulations and sanctions.
Investigators and administrators who have international collaborators, including foreign nationals in the United States. For more information on this topic, review the website on Export Compliance.
- Use this checklist of items to identify activities and transactions that may require compliance review by the university’s Export Compliance Officers.
- Routine procedures
- Other activities and transactions
- Review for international travel may be requested. Concerns include traveling with certain items and equipment.
- International subrecipients are routinely reviewed when the subaward is to be issued. Review may be requested during proposal development.
- Request review for physical export of chemicals, miccroorganisms, biotoxins, pathogens.
- Request review for physical export of equipment.
- International visitors on campus (such as conference attendees) not covered by routine procedures will be reviewed on request.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.