- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Human Resources Policies
UMB POLICY ON THE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- Performance Development Program (PDP) forms are available on-line at http://www.hr.umaryland.edu/main/hrforms.htm. The form shall be completed and discussed by the supervisor/manager and the employee. The rating cycle begins on April 1 and ends on March 31 of the following calendar year.
- Under Article 5. Performance Evaluation, of the MOU for the nonexempt employee unit, the PDP must be completed by March 31. This means that the performance discussions must occur and the employee, supervisor and the next level reviewer must sign the form. Failure to complete a PDP for a non-exempt employee will result in a default to a “meets standards” overall rating and the eligibility of the employee to receive a merit increase for the rating cycle.
- A discussion regarding performance expectations for a nonexempt employee for the following rating cycle should be completed by April 30 of each year. It is expected that the supervisor and employee will reach a mutual understanding on the performance expectations. However, where an understanding is not reached the supervisor will make the final decision on the performance expectation(s).
- For exempt employees, the PDP may normally be completed by the first week in June of each year.
- PDP forms should be returned to Compensation, Human Resource Services.
- In the event that the supervisor fails to complete an evaluation for an employee by the designated deadline, that employee will be considered to have met standards for the purposes of merit pay.
- Questions about the PDP or requests for assistance with the process should be directed to Employee/Labor Relations, Human Resource Services.
Fill out my online form.