- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Financial Services Procedures
Research Study Participant Payments
Establish instructions and guidelines for UMB Operational Units to use when compensating research study participants and complying with reconciliation requirements in accordance with UMB policy VIII-99.00 (B) Research Study Participant Payments.
UMB Operational Units (schools, departments, divisions) requesting payments in the form of cash, checks, or gift cards as compensation to research study participants.
UPDATED August 29, 2019 to include the following:
- Definition of Research Study Participant (page 1).
- Clarified the required elements on the study participant log (pages 1-2).
- Updated the email address for the Form 1099-MISC information file related to gift card recipients (page 3).
- Added language throughout to address the frequency of cash/gift card counts: initial funding, whenever funds are added to the inventory, and at the end of the study or the disbursements period.
- Added information on electronic gift cards (pages 5-6).
- Added language throughout to emphasize that gift cards are subject to the same controls as cash.
Click the following link for instructions on requesting and processing compensation for research study participants:
Forms can be obtained from the Financial Services website:
- Study Participant Working Fund Request - Request Working Fund checks issued from UMB Financial Services
- Study Participant Payments Gift Card Request - Request Gift Cards issued from UMB Financial Services
- e-Z Payment Request - Request checks issued from the State Treasurer’s Office