- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Human Resources Policies
UMB POLICY ON LEAVE FOR LEGAL ACTIONS FOR NONEXEMPT AND EXEMPT STAFF EMPLOYEES
- Employees who are a party to a case are not eligible for Leave for Legal Actions. An employee is considered a party to a case as a defendant or plaintiff; in a traffic case involving a ticket received while operating any vehicle; in a divorce or child custody matter or in any other matter in which the employee has a vested interest (e.g., appearance as the parent of a juvenile offender).
- Employees should notify the department immediately upon receipt of a summons or subpoena to determine the proper leave to be charged.
- A copy of the summons or subpoena should be presented at the time of the request.
- The leave taken must be recorded on the employee's official timekeeping records.
- Questions regarding leave for legal actions should be directed to the Employee/Labor Relations, Human Resource Services.
Fill out my online form.