- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Human Resources Policies
UMB POLICY ON LEAVE FOR LEGAL ACTIONS FOR NONEXEMPT AND EXEMPT STAFF EMPLOYEES
- Employees who are a party to a case are not eligible for Leave for Legal Actions. An employee is considered a party to a case as a defendant or plaintiff; in a traffic case involving a ticket received while operating any vehicle; in a divorce or child custody matter or in any other matter in which the employee has a vested interest (e.g., appearance as the parent of a juvenile offender).
- Employees should notify the department immediately upon receipt of a summons or subpoena to determine the proper leave to be charged.
- A copy of the summons or subpoena should be presented at the time of the request.
- The leave taken must be recorded on the employee's official timekeeping records.
- Questions regarding leave for legal actions should be directed to the Employee/Labor Relations, Human Resource Services.
Fill out my online form.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.