- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Financial Affairs Policies
UMB SELECTION OF PROCUREMENT METHOD UNDER THE FEDERAL OMB UNIFORM GUIDANCE FOR FISCAL YEAR 2016
Financial Affairs | Approved July 1, 2015
Applies to Faculty, Staff
Required By: U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 2 Grants and Agreements, Subtitle A, Chapter II, Part 200, Subpart B,§200.110 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards. (78 FR 78608, Dec. 26, 2013, as amended at 79 FR 75882, Dec. 19, 2014).
To document UMB’s decision, consistent with Section 200.110 of the Uniform Guidance, to continue current procurement standards for Federal Awards.
- Procurement Standards Sections 200.317-200.326 of the Uniform Guidance replaces the procurement standards previously set forth in OMB Circular A-110.
- As authorized by Section 200.110 of the Uniform Guidance, in lieu of complying with Procurement Sections 200.317-200.326 of the Uniform Guidance, UMB adopts a grace period of one additional fiscal year to change its procurement policy. UMB will continue its current procurement policies and practices until the end of the grace period, June 30, 2016. UMB will continue to follow the procurement standards set forth under OMB Circular A-110 through June 30, 2016.
Scope and Exceptions
This policy applies to all procurements made under federal awards.
Roles and Responsibilities
Procurement Services under the direction of the Chief Administrative and Finance Officer (CAFO) is responsible for promoting compliance with this policy.
Employees who are found to violate the terms of this policy may be subject to disciplinary or criminal action.