Faculty Policies


UMB Policy on Teaching Outside the Home Institution by Full-Time Faculty


Responsible VP/AVP

Roger Ward, EdD, JD, MSL, MPA

Policy Statement

A "Request for Supplemental Payment to Faculty, Associate Staff or Classified Employees" form must be used to request the President's prior approval of all supplementary compensation to be paid by the University of Maryland or another State agency.

To initiate a supplemental payment to a UMB employee, a "One Payment Appointment" form must be submitted to the Office of Financial Services (Payroll Section) with a copy of the approved request form. The payment will be included in the employee's regular paycheck.

Fill out my online form.