- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Register for UMB Alerts
Manage your personal University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) alerts and other official university communications.
All University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) faculty, students and staff can sign up for UMB Alerts.
UMB Alerts are available to the entire campus community, including UMB Faculty Staff, Students, Affiliates with a UMID, as well as University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), BioPark and Faculty Physicians, Inc. (FPI) Employees. UMB Alerts messages are sent out via campus phones and campus email accounts. Users also can register personal devices such as cellphones or pagers that are capable of receiving text messages.
See UMB Alerts Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
UMB Faculty, Staff and Students, and Affiliates with a UMID.
- Update your informationand consider adding your cellphone number if you wish to receive alerts via text message.
- UMB faculty, staff and students are automatically enrolled in alerts to their campus email addresses and campus phone numbers. You must update your account information to receive alerts on your person device(s).
- You may opt out of receiving alerts on your person device at any time.
- You will then receive alerts about weather-related closings or a critical situation that has the potential of causing harm or imminent danger within campus boundaries. A second message may be distributed once resolved.
- Affiliate enrollment in UMB Alert expires when your affiliate account expires or is terminated.
- To find out when your affiliate account expires, contact your approver.
UMMC, BioPark and FPI Employees.
- Check to see if you are registered for UMB Alerts.
- If you need to register, refer to your email for registration codes.
- Once you have your account, you can log-in to manage your personal information.
- If you have an account but forgot your username and/or password, look it up.
- UMMC and BioPark employee accounts expire one year after creation.
- You will receive a 30-day notice of your account expiration date.
- At that time, you may choose to renew your account for an additional two (2) years.