- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Request parking privileges for Motorcycle parking at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) employees or students driving a motorcycle to campus.
To be eligible, motorcycle riders must use a bi-weekly payroll deduction, which includes a 50 percent discount from the current payroll deduction parking rate and plan to use their motorcycle year-round. Riders must affix a sticker issued by the Office of Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) to their motorcycle.
For your safety, please abide by all parking rules and regulations and the procedures set forth here. In addition, please be aware of signs posted at the garage entrances and exits alerting you to obtain assistance from the garage attendant or cashier.
Apply to program
- To apply for the program, contact your department liaison for approval.
- Submit a completed Motorcycle Parking Application to the Office of Parking and Transportation Services Cashier’s Office at the SMC Campus Center, Lower Level, Room 002.
- A sticker will be provided which will be valid only in the garage to which you are assigned.
Motorcyclists must follow these instructions when entering and exiting the garage:
- Alert the attendant upon entering.
- The attendant will pull a ticket from the ticket dispenser if one is not dispensed automatically.
- The attendant will manually keep the gate arm raised until parker passes through the gate.
- Proceed to a designated motorcycle space in Plaza, Saratoga, or Lexington garage depending on assignment. Proceed to a regular parking space in all other garages.
- Before approaching the cashier, sign the ticket and write your sticker number on it.
- Hand the ticket to the cashier.
- The cashier will process the ticket while your motorcycle is in the exit lane.
- No charge will be assessed as this is part of the payroll deduction. However, if the sticker is not applied to the motorcycle, the visitor rate charge will apply.
- No refunds will be given.
- The cashier will raise the gate and lock it in position until you exit the gate area.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.