Voucher Program - CEnR
About the CEnR Voucher Award
The purpose of the Community Engaged Research (CEnR) Voucher Program is to support the preparatory work of developing a sustainable community partnership, identifying the research question, and laying the foundation for future CEnR grant opportunities to address the health needs of our community, particularly those of the traditionally underserved or marginalized/minoritized populations.
|Friday, December 1st, 2023, 5 pm EST
|Faculty at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor with a minimum 51% FTE appointment from University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), or University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP)
|Up to $10,000 in Direct costs for 12 months
|Notice of Award:
|Later January 2024 to Early February 2024
Please Review Carefully!
How to Apply
- UMB faculty
- Use your UMID/password to log into the webpage to access the link to the ICTR Resource Request Form. The request for the Voucher Application is near the end of the form, after the ICTR cores of service.
- UMBC and UMCP faculty
- Please email ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu and, in the Subject line, add "Request ICTR Resource Request Form for CEnR Voucher Application". The Navigator will discuss the electronic application process with you.
Your request will be processed by the ICTR Navigator. Please check for an email with a link to your electronic CEnR Voucher Application within 1-2 business days after you submit your request. Please email ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu if you have concerns or questions.
Download the required templates below before completing. Upload documents in electronic Voucher Application.
- CEnR Voucher Abstract Template
- ICTR CEnR Budget and Justification Template
- Written Quotes for Services or Other Fees
- Statement on:
- Community Partner(s) and approach for developing partnership over the next 12 months
- Plans for future, extramural CEnR-type funding opportunities
- Impact the voucher will have on developing and sustaining a community partnership(s) and will have on the health of the community
- Voucher Timeline Template for voucher utilization (voucher award should be used within 12 months)
- Community Partner(s) Letter of Partnership (upload in Additional Document Section of Voucher Application
- Consider the regulatory approvals needed, such as IRB approval.
You can return to your application using the "Save and Return Later" feature and edit as needed. Once submitted, the application is reviewed by the Voucher Program Liaison for completeness and then forwarded to the Voucher Committee for review. Applications submitted near the deadline without the required supporting documents risk being rolled over to the next deadline to allow time for you to modify your application. Awards are typically announced the beginning of the following month.
This section last updated 11/27/2023