Voucher Program - CEnR
About the CEnR Voucher Award
|Deadline:||Friday, December 1st, 2023, 5 pm EST|
|Eligibility:||Faculty at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor with a minimum 51% FTE appointment from University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), or University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP)|
|Budget:||Up to $10,000 in Direct costs for 12 months|
|Notice of Award:||Later January 2024 to Early February 2024|
The ICTR recently announced a funding opportunity for CEnR pilot projects. Applicants for the CEnR pilot grant project are expected to have already completed the preparatory work of developing the community partnership and identifying the research question.
This ICTR CEnR Voucher Award is specifically for developing a successful and sustainable community partnership(s) in the Maryland and/or District of Columbia (DC) area. The purpose of this award is to prepare for a future, competitive ICTR CEnR proposal, or for other extramural CEnR-type grant applications.
Activities supported by the CEnR Voucher award include the following:
- Developing a community-academic research partnership(s) infrastructure (e.g., advisory boards, partnership roles and responsibilities, policies and procedures, memorandums of understanding). Eligible community partners include non-profits such as community service organizations, advocacy groups, neighborhood associations, faith-based organizations, or coalitions, public agencies, and private organizations within the State of Maryland and District of Columbia.
- Facilitating formal and informal meetings for partners to identify shared goals, priorities, research interests, and sharing of resources and funding.
- Facilitating open dialogue and bidirectional learning around challenges and opportunities to address community health needs.
- Identify community partner(s) to engage the community to help define the research question.
- Building research capacity for community partners (e.g., IRB (Institutional Review Board) training, training on research design and methods, etc.)
- Building CEnR capacity for academic partners (e.g., principles of community engagement, 10-Step Framework, etc.)
- Identifying the needs of traditionally underserved or marginalized/minoritized populations.
Applications should utilize a milestone-driven approach for proposed projects that will ensure timely generation of tangible products and outcomes within the 12-month funding period.
Please Review Carefully!
How to Apply - Two Steps
First - Request the Voucher Application through the electronic ICTR Resource Request Form
- UMB faculty
- Use your UMID/password to log into the webpage to access the link to the ICTR Resource Request Form. The request for the Voucher Application is near the end of the form, after the ICTR cores of service.
- UMBC and UMCP faculty
- Please email ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu and, in the Subject line, add "Request ICTR Resource Request Form for CEnR Voucher Application". The Navigator will discuss the electronic application process with you.
Once submitted, your ICTR resource request will be forwarded to the ICTR Navigator for review and for further processing within 1-2 business days after your request was submitted (as noted by its timestamp). If your request appears eligible for voucher support, you will receive a REDCap email with a link to your Voucher Application.
Second - Submit electronic Voucher Application and Upload Supporting Documents. Download the required templates below before completing. Upload documents in electronic Voucher Application.
- CEnR Voucher Abstract Template
- ICTR CEnR Budget and Justification Template
- Written Quotes for Services or Other Fees
- Statement on:
- Community Partner(s) and approach for developing partnership over the next 12 months
- Plans for future, extramural CEnR-type funding opportunities
- Impact the voucher will have on developing and sustaining a community partnership(s) and will have on the health of the community
You can return to your application using the "Save and Return Later" feature and edit as needed. Once submitted, the application is reviewed by the Voucher Program Liaison for completeness and then forwarded to the Voucher Committee for review. Applications submitted near the deadline without the required supporting documents risk being rolled over to the next deadline to allow time for you to modify your application. Awards are typically announced the beginning of the following month.
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact the ICTR Navigator (ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu).
Acknowledging the ICTR and CTSA grant
All publications, abstracts, poster presentations, and grant applications resulting from research supported by the UMB ICTR Cores (Biostatistics, Informatics, Community Collaboration, Dissemination & Implementation, and Drug Discovery and Development); ICTR Vouchers Program, ICTR Studios consulting service; ICTR Pilot Grant Program; or the ICTR Scholar's Program should cite the University of Maryland, Baltimore, Institute for Clinical & Translational Research as a contributing source of support. Please include the following citation:
“We acknowledge the support of the University of Maryland, Baltimore, Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (ICTR) and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) Clinical Translational Science Award (CTSA) grant UL1TR003098.”
This section last updated 8/30/2023