UMB ICTR TL1 - Predoctoral - Clinical Research Training Awards
The UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2021-2022 ICTR/CTSA TL1 - Pre-Doctoral - Clinical Research Training Award
The purpose of the TL1 Pre-Doctoral Clinical Research Training Award is to support the training of biomedical, behavioral, and clinical researchers through individual pre-doctoral research training within the schools of Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work and the Graduate School on the UMB campus.
The TL1 training program is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) program. Funding for this TL1 Pre-Doctoral training program is provided through the NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) and is a joint CTSA partnership between University of Maryland Baltimore and Johns Hopkins University.
The duration of the TL1 Pre-Doctoral Program is one year.
SUBMISSION DUE DATE: February 12, 2021, 5 PM EST
START DATE: July 1, 2021
See "How to Apply" section below.
INFORMATION SESSIONS TO BE ANNOUNCED
How to Apply
To be considered for the TL1 Pre-Doctoral Clinical Research Training Award, applications and ALL required documents must be submitted electronically no later than February 12, 2021, 5 pm EST.
To access the application, use your UMB ID/Password to log into the secure page housing the TL1 - Pre-Doctoral - Application Link.
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact Dr. Graziela Kalil via ICTRfirstname.lastname@example.org
Required Documents (Please refer to RFA for detailed information)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement, 1-2 pages in size 12 font (please include project title, a brief description of the project, short and long-term research goals, research interest as well as and which specific MS or Certificate program applicant chooses to pursue if awarded TL1 award). Literature Cited (will not count toward page limit).
- Transcripts from all higher-level institutions attended (unofficial transcripts will suffice for application)
- Two reference letters emailed directly by mentors to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than the Application Deadline
- one letter and NIH-formatted biosketch from current mentor
- one letter from former mentor/professor
- Letter from Academic Dean confirming good academic standing and, when appropriate, stating approval for the step-out year. Academic Dean must email letter to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than the Application Deadline
- Applicant must submit a concurrent graduate school application