UMB ICTR TL1 - Predoctoral - Clinical Research Training Awards
UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the inaugural call for applications for the UMB ICTR/CTSA TL1 - Predoctoral - Clinical Research Training Awards
This award is for academic year 2019-2020. The purpose of the TL1 - Predoctoral - Clinical Research Training Award is to support the training of biomedical, behavioral, and clinical researchers through individual pre-doctoral research training within the schools of Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work on the UMB campus.
The TL1 training program is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) program. Funding for this TL1 pre-doctoral training program is provided through the NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) and is a joint CTSA partnership between University of Maryland Baltimore and Johns Hopkins University.
The duration TL1 Pre-Doctoral Program is one year.
SUBMISSION DUE DATE: June 21st July 8th, 2019 5 PM EST (deadline extended)
START DATE: August 5th, 2019
How to Apply
To be considered for the TL1 Predoctoral Clinical Research Training Award, applications must be submitted electronically by 5:00 PM EDT June 21 July 8, 2019, 5 pm EDT. ALL DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW must be completed and uploaded via the survey application form housed in UMB REDCap.
To access the application, use your UMB ID/Password to log into the secure page housing the TL1 - Predoctoral - Application Link.
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact Dr. Graziela Kalil via ICTRemail@example.com
List of Required Supporting Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages in size 12 font (please include short and long-term research goals and research interest)
- Transcripts from all higher-level institutions attended (unofficial transcripts will suffice for application)
- Two reference letters emailed directly by mentors to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than June 21 July 8, 2019, 5 pm EDT
- one letter and NIH-formatted biosketch from current mentor
- one letter from former mentor/professor
- Letter from Academic Dean confirming good academic standing and, when appropriate, stating approval for the step-out year. Academic Dean must email letter ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than June 21 July 8, 2019, 5 pm EDT