UMB ICTR TL1 - Postdoctoral - Clinical Research Training Awards
The UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2020-2021 ICTR/CTSA TL1 - Postdoctoral - Clinical Research Training Awards
The purpose of the TL1 - Postdoctoral - Clinical Research Training Award is to support the training of biomedical, behavioral, and clinical researchers through individual post-doctoral research training within the schools of Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work on the UMB campus.
The TL1 training program is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) program. Funding for this TL1 post-doctoral training program is provided through the NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) and is a joint CTSA partnership between University of Maryland Baltimore and Johns Hopkins University.
The duration of the TL1 Post-Doctoral Program appointment is two years.
SUBMISSION DUE DATE: January 31 February 14, 2020, 5 pm EST
START DATE: July 1, 2020
INFORMATION SESSION: January 8, 2020, 10:00 - 11:00 AM, UMB SMC Campus Center, 621 W. Lombard, Room 203
How to Apply
To be considered for the TL1 Post-doctoral Clinical Research Training Award, applications and ALL required documents must be submitted electronically no later than January 31 February 14, 2020, 5 pm EST
To access the application, use your UMB ID/Password to log into this secure page housing the TL1 - Postdoctoral - Application Link
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact Dr. Graziela Kalil via ICTRemail@example.com
List of Required Supporting Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) - Include publications and any grant support
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages in size 12 font. Please include short and long-term research goals and research interests, and which specific MS or certificate program you plan to choose if you are awarded the TL1.
- Transcripts from all higher-level institutions attended (unofficial transcripts will suffice for application)
- Two reference letters emailed directly by mentors to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than January 31 February 14, 2020, 5 pm EST
- one letter and NIH-formatted biosketch from current mentor
- one letter from former mentor/professor