UMB ICTR TL1 - Postdoctoral - Clinical Research Training Awards
The UMB ICTR is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2021 - 2022 ICTR/CTSA TL1 - Post-Doctoral - Clinical Research Training Awards
The purpose of the TL1 Post-Doctoral Clinical Research Training Award is to support the training of biomedical, behavioral, and clinical researchers through individual Post-Poctoral research training within the schools of Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, and the Graduate School on the UMB campus.
The TL1 training program is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) program. Funding for this TL1 Post-Doctoral training program is provided through the NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) and is a joint CTSA partnership between University of Maryland Baltimore and Johns Hopkins University.
The duration of the TL1 Post-Doctoral Program appointment is two years.
SUBMISSION DUE DATE: February 12, 2021, 5 pm EST
START DATE: July 1, 2021
See "How to Apply" section below.
Application Information Zoom Session: Thursday, October 29, 2020, 3-4 pm EDT
Register Through EVENTBRITE
The Zoom link and Passcode will be emailed to you prior to the event
How to Apply
To be considered for the TL1 Post-doctoral Clinical Research Training Award, applications and ALL required documents must be submitted electronically no later than February 12, 2021, 5 pm EST
To access the application, use your UMB ID/Password to log into this secure page housing the TL1 - Postdoctoral - Application Link
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact Dr. Graziela Kalil via ICTRfirstname.lastname@example.org
Required Documents (Please refer to RFA for detailed information)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) - Include publications and any grant support
- Personal Statement, 1-3 pages in size 12 font (please include project title, a brief description of the project, short and long-term research goals, research interest as well as and which specific MS or Certificate program applicant chooses to pursue if awarded TL1 award). Literature Cited (will not count toward page limit).
- Transcripts from all higher-level institutions attended (unofficial transcripts will suffice for application)
- Two reference letters emailed directly by mentors to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than the Application Deadline.
- one letter and NIH-formatted biosketch from current mentor
- one letter from former mentor/professor
- Applicant must submit a concurrent graduate school application