- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
How to Craft an Argument
You are about to enter an online workshop.
The Writing Center offers online workshops to help you build fundamental writing skills. These workshops are presented as a series of short videos. They also contain pre- and post-tests so that you can assess your learning. This particular workshop, "How to Craft an Argument," will take you about an hour to complete.
If you are looking for answers to simple questions about crafting an argument, please use our various resources, which are listed on the right.
After participating in this workshop, you will be able to
- make persuasive arguments using character, emotion, and reason
- avoid ethical, pathetic, and logical fallacies