- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Yoga on the Lawn
Come join us for Yoga on the School of Nursing lawn and enjoy some green space! Mats will be provided and small refreshments will be available.
Women on Weights
Are you intimidated by the free weights and machines? Allow our certified instructors and trainers to help you with learning the basics of weight training. This program will teach you:
- How to safely use strength equipment.
- Basic strength training technique.
- The benefits of weight training.
- How to prepare and use weight training programs to meet your goals.
- Creative ways to train each muscle and stay healthy using free weights!
The program begins Sept. 12 and will end Oct. 17. The program schedule is going to be every Tuesday at 6 p.m. on the MAC Court in Pratt Gym.
You can sign up at our Business Desk at URecFit. Registration closes on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
Registration costs $40 for students, $50 for members, and $100 for eligible non-members
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zumba Fright Night
Join us on Oct. 31 at 5:30 p.m. for Zumba Fright Night in Room 349! Wear your favorite costume or Halloween gear and join us for some fun. Refreshments will be provided! Members and non-members are welcome!
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 or greater
- Able to commit two to three hours a week
- Complete participant packet
- Participate in one group workout a week and one group challenge a week
- Keep an activity log and food journal throughout the course of the program
- Willing to release results for publicity purposes
- Program cost –
- $50 for University of Maryland Students
- $75 for SMC Campus Center URecFit Members
- $125 for Non-Members (includes gym usage privileges for the duration of the program)
- Applications accepted Nov. 13 through Jan. 5, 2017
- The packet must be completed in its entirety to be turned in
- All applicants will be emailed by Jan. 5 at 5 p.m. to be informed of their acceptance status
- The program fee is due by Jan. 12 , 2018 at 10pm. Payment will be done at the business desk
- No refunds will be given after the close of the Kick-off Event
Upon acceptance into the Fitness Fever program, participants will receive
- One Group Training Session and one Group Challenge a week to be guided by personal trainers/instructors
- Weekly Weigh-ins
- Motivational Coaching and nutrition tips
- Two individual grand prizes per group based on percentage of weight lost
- 1st place – 3 month membership to URecFit or 3 Personal Training sessions
- 2nd place – 1 month membership to URecFit or 1 Personal Training session
Interested participants can Fitness Fever 2017 Application-1
For Questions contact Jimmy Mszanski at email@example.com or call 410-706-5355