- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Board of Regents Staff Awards
A Council of University System Staff (CUSS) initiative, the University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents Staff Awards represent the highest honor bestowed by the Board of Regents for achievements of exempt and nonexempt employees from USM institutions.
The awards are presented to individual employees who have demonstrated excellence in one of the following categories:
- Exceptional contribution to the institution and/or unit to which the person belongs
- Outstanding service to students in an academic or residential environment
- Extraordinary public service to the university or the greater community
- Effectiveness and efficiency regarding an academic or administrative transformation with a savings of $10,000 or more
- Inclusion, Multiculturalism, and Social Justice
There are two awards given in each of the five categories — one for an Exempt Staff employee and one for a Nonexempt Staff employee. In the Effectiveness and Efficiency category, an award can be given to two exempt or two nonexempt staff employees or one exempt and one nonexempt. Each awardee will receive a $2,000 stipend and a plaque in recognition of the award. Awards will be announced in mid-July 2018 and formally presented to the awardees at the Board of Regents' September meeting.
- Any employee may nominate another employee with the knowledge and consent of the nominee. Employees may also nominate themselves.
- Nominees must be staff members of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
- Nominees must have been employed at UMB for at least five consecutive years.
- Consideration will be given to sustained performance in the category nominated, which occurred during the past five consecutive years.
- Nominations must be made with the knowledge and consent of the nominees.
- CEOs (chancellor and presidents), officers, and senior leadership are not eligible.
Note: Although commendable, length of service and performance of normal duties do not weigh heavily in deliberations.