- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is strongly committed to maximizing the opportunities for minority and women owned businesses in our procurement process. The Department of Strategic Sourcing & Acquisition Services routinely solicits from minority and women owned businesses and makes certain these firms are included in the award of contracts wherever possible.
The University's Schools and Departments are also expected to seek out minority and women owned businesses as they make purchases using the procurement card and while developing their purchase order requisitions.
Only by working aggressively together will we as a campus be able to meet the established goal of placing twenty-nine percent of our purchases with Maryland Department of Transportation certified minority vendors. The MBE Program goal helps ensure inclusiveness for those socially and economically disadvantaged small business owners are included in our procurement opportunities directly as prime contractors or indirectly as subcontractors.
The Department of Strategic Sourcing & Acquisition Services stands ready to help you in any way in doing business with minority and women owned firms. If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or comments, please contact Kathy Bordenski, MBE Liaison Officer. Ms. Bordenski can be reach by calling 410-706-5122 or email to email@example.com.
The following links may be helpful:
- Searchable Directory of Maryland Department of Transportation Certified Minority vendors: https://mbe.mdot.maryland.gov/directory/
- The Governor's Office of Small, Minority & Women Business Affairs: http://goma.maryland.gov
- The following is a link to the United States Small Business Administration searchable data base of federally certified small and disadvantaged businesses. Use this link when making purchases using federal contract dollars: http://www.sba.gov/