- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Use of a Sewer Permit
Register, change, or discontinue use of a Radiation Sewer Permit.
Primary Investigators or administrators seeking to register a new facility, re-register, or change the status of a sewer disposal permit at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB). Each sewer discharge location requires a separate sewer disposal permit and separate discharge records must be kept.
Application for Sewer Permit
- Register for a Radiation Sewer Permit by completing Sewer Disposal Application and return to Radiation Safety, EHS Building, 714 West Lombard Street.
- Maintain Sewer Disposal Log Sheet for each approved location. Follow all additional instructions listed on the form.
- Physical permit is issued to be posted at sink and renewed every four years or as required.
Discontinuation of a Sewer Permit
- Cessation of sewer disposal activities is required.
- Provide written notification to Radiation Safety Office requesting discontinuation of Sewer Permit.
- Email notification will suffice.
- Please leave the sewer disposal permit and "Assume this Site is Contaminated" sign posted for removal by Radiation Safety personnel.
- Radiation Safety Personnel will perform a closeout inspection to include wipe tests and meter surveys of the sewer disposal sink and will remove all signs and postings. Personnel will also examine the room to ensure that all radioactive material and waste have been removed.