- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Office of International Services (OIS)
Internal Transfer of International Scholar
Arrange for the transfer of international scholars from one University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) department to another UMB department.
Departments hiring an individual already on a UMB-sponsored visa status (J-1, H-1B, or TN) from another UMB department.
- Ensure that the international scholar has received an offer of employment or an approved appointment in the new department.
- Determine the type of visa status the international scholar has and that it is sponsored by UMB.
- If J-1, new department should complete the J-1 Extension/Amendment Form and send to OIS at least ten (10) business days prior to the start of the new appointment.
- If H-1B or TN, new department should send a copy of the job description to the OIS for review.
- OIS will either approve the transfer as is, or
- OIS will advise on procedures for the OIS to file an amendment with USCIS
- Contact the Office of International Services at x6-7488 if you have further questions.