- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Lease Space in Non-UMB Facilites
Lease space or facilities off campus.
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) management level employees.
- Determine the following information:
- Location of space or facility (street address, city, state, zip code),
- Landlord (name, phone number and mailing address),
- Size (RSF, rentable square footage),
- Description of spaces needed (number of offices, conference rooms, labs, etc.),
- When space/facility will be needed (start date), and
- Lease terms:
- Renewal options,
- Operating expenses (utilities, taxes, housekeeping, IT, security, telephones, maintenance, etc),
- Parking spaces,
- CAM (common area maintenance) costs,
- Tenant fit out – base and additional, and
- Other terms.
- Ensure proper approvals.
- If the request originates from one of the schools on campus seek approval of the appropriate dean.
- If the request originates from an administrative department seek approval from the appropriate vice president.
- Identify fund source for lease.
- Submit lease request to Office of Capital Budget and Planning by one of the following methods:
- Hard Copy, Saratoga Building, 220 Arch Street, Room 02-113, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Fax to (410) 706-0675
- Telephone 6-7830
- The Office of Capital Budget and Planning will contact requestor within five (5) business days.
- Once lease details have been finalized, Office of Capital Budget and Planning will forward request to University Counsel to develop draft lease.
- Draft lease reviewed in house by conference between Requestor and Capital Budget & Planning.
- University Counsel incorporates any revisions to the lease and forwards draft to Landlord for review.
- Lease is finalized for signature.
- Landlord signs three (3) copies of the lease agreement and returns signed copies to Capital Budget and Planning.
- Vice President for Administration and Finance signs copies of lease on behalf of the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- Copies of fully executed lease are sent to landlord, the requesting unit, and University Counsel.
- Requesting unit develops requisition with fully executed lease attached and submits to Procurement.
Fill out my online form.