- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
UMB Website Improvements
June 13, 2016
If you work with web content on umaryland.edu, look forward to tips, tricks, and best practices in our new Web Tips.
April 08, 2016
We have renewed our focus on web accessibility through analysis and research.
March 07, 2016
Our new Contact Box will make it easier than ever to find the contact information you need.
February 12, 2016
Based on feedback from user testing and survey results, the CPA web team plans to make a wide range of revisions to the University of Maryland, Baltimore website templates. First up are several improvements to make searching our site a smoother experience.
The New Responsive Design
Welcome to the new University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) website!
UMB’s website was updated as part of the University strategic plan goal to increase and enhance internal communications to foster more collaborative relationships and build an internal sense of community. The update included purchasing a new content management system (CMS) or “back-end” management system, completing an information architecture study (hierarchy of what goes where), redesigning the look and functionality, and working with the University community to update and move all web content from the old system to the new.
One of the goals of the update was to create a website that is user-friendly, well designed, and full of great content. The Office of Communications and Public Affairs worked with web development and web content staff Universitywide to restructure sites and update content. The end result is a more dynamic site that better serves users.
If you’re interested in learning more about the new CMS, read the Strategic Plan success story in the October 2014 President's Message Newsletter.
The following is a list of 10 frequently visited sites on the old UMB website and where to find them now.
Make sure to update your bookmarks for quick and easy access to the UMB sites you access most frequently.
- School sites – Academics > Schools and Programs
- Offices – About UMB > Offices
- Public Safety – About UMB > Offices > Police and Public Safety
- UMB Alerts – University Life > UMB Alerts
- SURFS – Academics > SURFS or umaryland.edu/surfs
- URecFit – University Life > URecFit or umaryland.edu/urecfit
- Student Accounting – Admissions > Tuition and Fees By School > Student Accounting
- Blackboard – Academics > Blackboard, in the utility navigation at the very top of the page, or umaryland.edu/blackboard
- UMB Housing – University Life > Housing or umaryland.edu/housing
- Common Calendar – Located on the bottom, left-hand side of the homepage and listed under University Life at Calendar of Events, or calendar.umaryland.edu
Know someone who would be interested in the new umaryland.edu? Share our site!