Below is a list of seven high-level working themes that have been identified as major areas of focus for the University of Maryland, Baltimore as we develop a forward-thinking plan to position the University to become a leader in education, research, patient care, and public service.
As we move forward in the process, we may find that these themes need to be refined to best meet our University’s objectives. We will post any revisions to the current themes on the website.
- Achieve pre-eminence as an innovator in our missions of education, research, clinical care, and public service.
- Create a culture of diversity, inclusion, transparency, and accountability.
- Excel at interprofessionalism in education, research, clinical care, and public service.
- Develop local and global initiatives that address critical issues.
- Be an economic driver through entrepreneurial business development and philanthropy.
- Create a responsible and enduring financial model for the University.
- Create a dynamic university community.