- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Testing Center Expectations
Expectations at the Testing Center
What Students can expect on Testing Day:
- Go to the SMC LL005 to take your exam.
- Sign in with the proctor at the front desk using your UMB photo ID.
- You will be asked to place your personal belongings in a storage bin/locker.
- You will be shown to a seat in the testing area.
- Once your time begins, it will only be stopped if your accommodation(s) include breaks. Breaks specified in your accommodations do not count towards the total test time.
- The proctor will collect your test after your allocated test time is finished.
What Students can expect from the Proctors:
- Student proctors do not have access to your disability status. They are only given information specific to your testing accommodations to facilitate the test.
- Student proctors maintain the utmost confidentiality of students in the testing center.
- The proctor will enter the student’s end time of each individual exam time on the white board.
- Student proctors will not be able to answer any questions specific to your exam or course content.
What to Students can expect from their Course Instructor
- Your instructor must approve an appropriate time for you to take your exam before you may schedule it.
- Your instructor will receive your completed exam.
- Only your instructor can determine when you receive your exam results.
- The instructor does not have access to your disability status, but does have access to your academic accommodations letter.
What to Expect from the Student Test Taker:
- All exams must be scheduled between 5 business days to 2 weeks in advance of the scheduled exam.
- Tests may only be scheduled through the testing center between the hours of 5:30 pm-10 pm, Monday – Thursday located in the SMC Room L005, 410-706-7714. To schedule exams, please go to the Schedule Exam link on the ESDS website.
- Testing accommodations must be approved before you may schedule a test. Please go to the ESDS Accommodation Request link for more information.
- It is your responsibility to communicate with your professor to determine an appropriate time to take the test.
- Please respect the testing environment by not speaking with other students. Please speak to the proctor only when necessary.
- Please respect the start and stop time.
- You are responsible for any materials required by your exam (Scantrons, calculator, etc.)
ESDS maintains the academic integrity and upholds the honor code at UMB. Any attempts at cheating or academic misconduct will be reported to ESDS services, your instructor, and your school’s honor code office. You can find more information from your school at http://www.umaryland.edu/policies-and-procedures/school-resources/ Please note the testing center may be monitored by video camera.