- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Students who are Pregnant
UMB Guidelines for Students who are Pregnant and Seeking Accommodations
UMB students who are pregnant may request academic accommodations through the Office of Educational Support and Disability Services (ESDS). Academic accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis, through the interactive process that is standard for all requests to ESDS. These accommodations will be considered by ESDS as they pertain to the physical circumstances of pregnancy and any related medical conditions. This is a distinct time period that includes:
- The duration of the student’s pregnancy.
- The duration of student’s physical recovery as determined in consultation with a health care provider.
- Postpregnancy medical or psychological conditions that would be considered a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
UMB students who chose to seek accommodations must follow the protocol outlined by the ESDS Office. After the student’s pregnancy and recovery period, any postpregnancy and/or postadoption arrangements will be coordinated with each UMB school or program in consultation with UMB’s Title IX coordinator.
If questions arise, you may contact:
Mikhel Kushner, Title IX Coordinator
Deborah Levi, ESDS Director