- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations creates and implements a comprehensive and integrated model for development and alumni relations at the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
The Office of Development & Alumni provides leadership for the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) university-wide philanthropic enterprise in support of UMB’s strategic directions and those of its Schools. We are inspired by our clients: donors, faculty, students, and university leaders. The Office includes Annual Giving, Corporate & Foundation Relations, UMB Foundation Finance, Gift Administration & Donor Relations, IT Support, Planned Giving and Development Research & Prospect Management.
Accountability, Excellence, Integrity, Leadership, Professionalism, Service, Transparency
What We Do
With expertise and focus on the campuswide enterprise, the Development and Alumni Relations staff builds capacity and efficiency through strategic planning and core services. In consultation with unit development staff and within the context of the annual campus fundraising goal, this division sets expectations for performance and productivity outcomes.
In addition to managing the collection, disbursement, and auditing of private funds through the UMB Foundation, Inc., this office maintains a sophisticated database of donors, alumni, and other friends of the University.
We collaborate daily with the schools' deans, development officers, program directors, administrators, and faculty members as they manage multiple research, service, and teaching projects.
Services we provide include:
- Annual giving and alumni programs
- Corporate and foundation relations
- Planned giving
- Prospect research
- Collection, disbursement, and audit of private funds through the University of Maryland Baltimore Foundation, Inc. (UMB Foundation, Inc.)
- Maintenance of database of donors, alumni, and UMB friends