- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Click the center of the cover to view the latest issue of UMB Spotlight: Focus on Philanthropy.
The Office of Annual Giving supports the schools’ efforts to increase alumni support and annual giving. The office serves as a resource to the schools to coordinate fundraising activities and as a resource to alumni about any aspect of their giving.
The Annual Giving staff also coordinates phonathons, email marketing, and traditional mail efforts to keep alumni abreast of school-related news, opportunities to give, and alumni information.
The office’s mission is to ensure that all alumni are invited to participate in the alma mater’s Annual Fund.
Annual gifts are essential to the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), giving the deans flexibility and funding necessary to meet rising opportunities and emerging needs. Every year, thousands of UMB alumni and friends give back to the University. These gifts help fund scholarships, support great faculty, and underwrite new outreach initiatives. They also provide vital funding to all who learn and teach here, but they must be renewed each year to ensure future progress and success of our schools.
Alumni giving shows a belief in your school's mission and is an ongoing vote of support for UMB. Alumni participation is often viewed as an indicator of the strength and quality of an institution, and it can factor into the amount of support our schools receive from charitable foundations and organizations as well as in national rankings.
The choice is yours! You can designate your gift to your school's Annual Fund (greatest need) or to one of several other funds or departments. No matter where you make a gift, your gift makes a difference.
By making an annual gift, you help support:
- Scholarships for talented students who are eager to learn.
- Community outreach opportunities that bring students and faculty together from all schools to provide services and education to diverse populations in Baltimore and beyond.
- Our accomplished and respected faculty and programs that are putting UMB on the map.
- Student research and summer study opportunities, allowing students to immerse themselves in what they love.
- State-of-the-art lab and research space providing the tools for discovery.
- Increased opportunities for students and alumni to come together.
Your support, in any amount, counts toward the success of all our schools and makes a difference for the entire University community EVERY year.
Thank you on behalf of the many students, faculty, and staff who benefit from your generosity.
Please visit the Giving at University of Maryland, Baltimore website.