- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
GoogleApps@UMaryland (or Google Apps For Education (GAE)) is a communication and collaboration tool for students was implemented in Summer 2011.
Students can share ideas quickly and get things done effectively when they have access to the same powerful communication and sharing tool. GoogleApps@UMaryland contains E-mail, Calendar, Docs, Groups, Sites, Talk, and Mobile Apps. There's no hardware or software to install. Everything is delivered through a standard web browser. Access is anytime, from anyplace!
GoogleApps@UMaryland uses UMID Authentication (login with your UMID and Password). For more information about UMID Authentication, including information on how to customize your UMID, click here.
Create Your GoogleApps@UMaryland
Creating a GoogleApps@UMaryland Account
New students in the following schools will be sent a personalized email with a URL inviting them to create a GoogleApps@UMaryland account:
- Graduate School
- LAW School
- Dental School
- Nursing School
- Social Work School
- Pharmacy School
- School of Medicine (some programs) *
The timing of the emails will be determined by the individual schools. All new students should receive their invitation prior to their school orientation.
New School of Medicine students in the following programs will not be receiving this email:
- MD and MD/PhD
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science
- Medical and Research Technology
- Pathology Assistant
- Genetic Counseling
The above School of Medicine students will be getting SOM (School of Medicine) Exchange email accounts.
The account creation process will consist of three steps:
- Create a UMID and Password (if you have not already done so).
- Create your GoogleApps@UMaryland account.
- Log in and verify your account has been created.
See our website for more information on UMID and Passwords: Creating New Accounts.
For questions about Creating a GoogleApps@UMaryland Account, call or email the IT Help Desk at 410-706-HELP (4357).