External Funding Opportunites
Though not an exhaustive list, below are links to external funding opportunities.
Limited submission funding opportunities are programs for which the sponsor limits the number of proposals that the University of Maryland, Baltimore may submit.or which the sponsor limits the number of proposals the University of Maryland, Baltimore may submit. Examples of foundations and institutes that provide limited submission funding include:
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Nation Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention
- Greenwall Foundation
- Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12)
- Mallinckrodt Grants for Early Stage Researchers
- National Institutes of Health
- Pew Biomedical Scholars
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA)
If you become aware of a funding opportunity with limited-submission requirements, immediately contact the School of Medicine Dean's Office, which is coordinating this process on behalf of UMB, so an internal review process can be coordinated in a timely manner.