- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Current Employee Employment Eligibility Verification – Form I-9
The Form I-9 is required by federal law for identity and employment authorization purposes in the United States. Human Resource Services has implemented electronic Form I-9 processing for new and existing employees. Electronic I-9s offer many beneficial features to the University such as:
- Compliance Reporting: This features compares our payroll data in The Work Number to the electronic I-9s which measures compliance and identifies missing I-9s on new employees.
- SSN Verification: This feature verifies the Social Security numbers of all new employees to ensure they are authorized to work in the United States.
- Reverification: This feature tracks work authorization expiration dates for non-citizen employees and sends out notifications for upcoming expirations.
- E-verify: Submits electronic form I-9 information to the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security to determine whether the information matches government records and whether the new employee is authorized to work. This also automatically tracks I-9 and E-Verify deadlines for compliance.
Current employees may need to complete another Form I9 or reverify their current I9 for the following reasons:
- Visa Updates
- Change of Name/SSN
You will need to bring in your receipt and your original unexpired documentation to prove identity and employment authorization to HRS. Student employees will continue to complete paper I-9s with their Payroll Reps until further notice. Please note your Form I-9 is not complete until Human Resource Services has seen your original unexpired documentation proving identity and employment authorization.
Below are simple step-by-step instructions to create and complete an electronic Form I-9.
- Open your web browser and go to: https://secure.i9express.com/preauthenticated/LoginCaptcha.ascx?Employer=14654&Location=0600
- Follow the prompts to complete and sign Section 1 electronically.
- Print a receipt for your records and bring it with you when coming into Human Resources.
- Sign-out and exit your browser.