- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, record-keeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers of the University of Maryland, Baltimore. The Wage and Hour Division (WHD) of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) administers and enforces the FLSA. For more information about the act, please see the resources provided below.
In addition to the FLSA, UMB complies with other labor laws. Among these are:
- The Davis-Bacon and Related Acts, which require payment of prevailing wage rates and fringe benefits on federally-financed or assisted contracts.
- The Walsh-Healey Public Contracts Act, which requires payment of minimum wage rates and overtime pay on contracts to provide goods to the Federal Government.
- The Service Contract Act, which requires payment of prevailing wage rates and fringe benefits on contracts to provide services to the Federal Government.
- The Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act, which sets overtime standards for service and construction contracts.