- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
A current exempt regular or nonexempt regular employee may be appointed in an Acting Capacity to fill a current vacancy due to extended absence or resignation. The employee may be appointed to a different position that correlates with department needs on a temporary basis. The vacancy that is being filled should be anticipated to exceed thirty (30) consecutive calendar days.
Specific instructions for each field on the acting capacity form are included in the form.
- Complete Staff Action Request
- Attach required documentation:
- Organizational Chart
- Justification stating reason for acting capacity
- Statement of Business Needs from department head
- Send all documentation to HRS Compensation.
- Compensation will review all documents and determine if the acting capacity can be supported.
- Compensation will notify department of final determination.