- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The Community System provides a means of creating identities in the campus enterprise directory in a real time, electronic process. Anyone with an existing UMID will be able to initiate the registration for a UMB identity.
Identities can be created for a specified period of time if the user has a limited engagement with the University.
Since the introduction of centralized identity management and the UMID in early 2005, all enterprise systems have been converted to use this central service. Users with traditional relationships to UMB - Faculty, Staff, and Students - have an account automatically created for them in this system. However, due to the complexity and diversity of our university community, there has always been a need to create users that fall outside of the traditional relationships - Affiliates. Since 2005, these 'affiliated' users were captured and maintained within the eUMB Affiliate System. Over the years, new needs have developed, business processes have evolved, and the number of Affiliate users has grown considerably. The Community System was conceived to address the deficiencies of the current eUMB Affiliate System while adding new functionality and streamlining the entire process.
The types of users the Community System will include:
Partner Organization Employees
Library Patrons (HSHSL and Law)
Visiting Students (e.g. BCCC)
Pre-Directory (2004) Alumni
Some of the benefits of the Community System are:
- Creating identities will no longer be limited to a select number of groups. Anyone with a UMID will be able to initiate the registration for an UM identity (self-registration without UMID coming soon!)
- Identity creation will no longer take days or weeks; it will be immediate (real-time).
- The CITS IT Helpdesk will be removed from the identity creation process and no longer have to act as facilitators. Sponsors/Approvers that have vested interest in maintaining the accuracy of the data and timeliness of the identity creation will be solely empowered and responsible for the process.
- The process will be entirely electronic to provide accurate and comprehensive auditing capabilities, streamline the steps involved, and remove the need to collect, track, and store paper signatures.
- Identities can be made with a user-specific lifespan. How long that identity is valid is chosen at time of sponsorship and can be renewed/revoked at any time. There will also be mandatory renewals to confirm that a valid association with the university still exists.