- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The purpose of this document is to establish guidelines and procedures for purchasing IT related equipment.
This document is applicable to Administration and Finance departments supported by A&F Applications Support, which excludes Human Resources and Public Safety.
All Administration and Finance departments have previously been purchasing hardware and software individually by departmental staff.
A&F Applications Support will become the purchasing contact for all A&F departments.
The process for purchasing will be the following:
- Departmental employee requests hardware/software to supervisor
- Supervisor approves request and forwards to “DL-AF Applications Support (DL-AFApplicationsSupport@umaryland.edu)” and provide Account/Chartstring for chargeback
- A&F Applications will work with CITS to identify the appropriate IT solution
- A&F Application Support proceeds with the ordering of the hardware/software
- A&F Applications Support coordinates install with CITS
A&F Applications Support will collaborate with current departmental employee who currently has responsibility for purchasing to determine and maintain any departmental standards or procedures.
This new procedure has come about as a result of the A&F IT Reorganization. This procedure will centralize the purchasing for purposes of maintaining inventory, tagging equipment, and compliance with software regulations and licenses. This allows all A&F support to coordinate and ensure compatibility across hardware and software.