- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
What is Academic Coaching
Academic Coaching is a working partnership that focuses on the process of learning. Together with an academic coach, students examine their learning styles, habits of working, and current difficulties or barriers to success. Then together this team (coach and student) works to create and put in place more effective strategies. The aim is to heighten awareness of what it takes to achieve academic success and anchor this with new strategies, a supportive relationship, and personal accountability.
How will Academic Coaches help me?
Coaches are trained to listen, observe, and customize their approach to the student’s individual needs. They seek to elicit solutions and strategies from the student, and they believe the student is naturally creative, resourceful, and whole. The coach’s job is to provide support to enhance the skills, resources, and creativity that the students already possess.
What are some examples of topics I can be coached on?
Academic coaching can be useful for accomplishing the following goals:
- Establish and complete important goals (e.g., finish a dissertation, complete school)
- Work to develop effective study skills
- Increase productivity or effectiveness
- Re-adapt to an academic environment after years in the "real world”
- Develop and execute a specific study plan
- Create a time management plan for the week or for the semester
- Obtain strategies to manage competing demands
- Prepare a comprehensive study strategy for the semester
How to do I get started?
To request a coach, fill out the coaching form below.
If you have any questions about academic coaching, please email email@example.com.