For Emergencies Phone
711 or 410 706-3333.
TTD/TTY: 410 706-3416
x6-6882 or 410 706-6882.
Move the mouse pointer over the scrolling crime alerts area below to pause the scrolling below. Also viewable as a non-scrolling page or by smartphones at this link.
In compliance with the "Timely Notice" provisions of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998 the University Police are giving notice of an incident that was reported to have occurred.
At this time there are no Crime Alerts.
Campus Safety Tips
- Report any and ALL suspicious activity to the Police immediately.
- Travel in groups when possible.
- Avoid contact with unknown and suspicious people.
- Utilize the Campus Shuttle & Public Transportation.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and where to park
- Don't use your cell or I-phone while walking.
- Travel in well lighted areas.
- Use the Department of Public Safety’s escort service by calling ext. 6-6882 from a campus phone or 410-706-6882.
- Park in Well Lit Areas, Utilize Campus Parking Facilities.
- Don't resist, "Give up your property-not your life".
- Don't put yourself in the position to become a victim.
Anyone with information or having any knowledge of any incidents is asked to call the University Police Criminal Division at 410.706.3573.
End of Crime Alerts
These crime alerts will repeat.
Message from Assistant Vice President for Public Safety and Chief of Police Antonio Williams
On behalf of the University of Maryland (UM) Police Force, I welcome you to our web page. The UM Police Force is a CALEA accredited police agency providing law enforcement services to the UM campus and surrounding communities. We are extremely proud of the fact that we are recognized as being the first accredited police department in Baltimore City.
It is our hope that as you browse through our web site, you will learn about programs that support our community policing philosophy, career opportunities, programs that encourage participation, and about a police force that cares about the community it serves. I am proud to say that every police force employee is dedicated to providing for the safety and security of students, faculty, employees and guests who live, work, and visit our campus.
Thank you for visiting the UM Police Force web site. We look forward to your questions, comments and suggestions.