- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Closures, Delayed Opening, and Essential Employees
When inclement weather or other emergency conditions exist, a decision by the President/Designee to cancel or delay classes will be communicated to the UMB community via the campus emergency phone line (410-706-8622), the UMB Alerts system (phone and text messages, emails), and the campus emergency alerts web page. Local radio and TV media also will receive announcements.
Administrative leave: When special circumstances arise, the President (or designee) may authorize administrative leave with pay. Such leave may be granted to all regular nonessential employees when special circumstances such as extreme weather conditions require the closing of campus
Liberal leave: When UMB decides to announce the option for employees who are not designated as essential to take liberal leave or to come to work, the absence of an employee choosing not to come to work will be charged to their available paid or unpaid leave.
Essential employees: Employees who provide essential services who are required to report to work on days the University decides to delay opening or close the UMB campus.
- USM Policy on Administrative Leave for Administrative and Classified Personnel
- UMB Policy on Administrative Leave for Administrative and Classified Personnel
- USM Policy on Emergency Conditions: Cancellation of Classes and Release of Employees
- UMB Policy on Emergency Conditions: Cancellation of Classes and Release of Employees