- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
James T. Hill Scholarship
In recognition of James T. Hill's long and outstanding service to the University as well as his personal commitment to the professional development of UMB employees, a $2,000 educational scholarship is presented annually to a deserving employee.
The scholarship may be used to support employee development expenses related to vocational and trade schools, colleges and universities, and specialty training.
Staff members are encouraged to self-nominate.
- Staff employees with a minimum of two years continuous employment at the time of application
- Regular full-time exempt or nonexempt employee
- History of demonstrated professional development activities
- Supervisory approval of your scholarship application
- Complete the James T. Hill Scholarship application packet
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your supervisor
- Submit an optional recommendation letter from a personal reference
- Submit an essay describing your past and planned development goals, as they relate to your career goals
- Submit certificates, transcripts, and other supporting documentation
Internal review committee representing various campus departments managed by Human Resource Services.
An annual award, nominations are accepted and considered throughout the calendar year.
- $2,000 check
- Certificate signed by the President
- Engraved award
- Announcement in The Elm
- Recognition at the Annual Service Awards luncheon