- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Due to the large number of applications received to date, we are no longer accepting applications for this year’s cohort.
Any applicants not accepted into this year’s program will be waitlisted in case there is an opening and will receive priority placement for next year’s program.
The Emerging Leaders Program is a professional development initiative geared toward examining universal principles of leadership with application to the culture of UMB. The program aims to contextualize participants’ leadership experience through a series of interactive and informative sessions. It is designed to build repeatable and transferable knowledge and skills.
Through participation in Emerging Leaders, candidates are expected to:
- Understand how leadership style and personal attributes shape one's management philosophy and approach.
- Interact and learn from senior leaders across the University community.
- Learn practical leadership lessons and techniques to develop into a more effective leader.
- Develop a professional, supportive, and collaborative relationship with a cohort of colleagues that will serve as a resource and professional network.
- Assess and examine personal beliefs, styles, and leadership behaviors to increase self-awareness and reduce interaction blind spots.