- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Health and Dental
How to Enroll in UMB’s Student Health Insurance Plan
- You cannot log in with the account you created for 2016-17. For 2017-18, you must use your UMB email address as the user ID to log in and your UMB student ID as your password. If you log in using the ID you created last year, you will not be able to access the enroll/waive form for 2017-18.
- You will not be able to enroll in the 2017-18 UMB Student Health Insurance Plan if you haven't registered for classes.
- If you can't log in or don't have a UMB email address, please contact your school or Student Accounting at 410-706-2930.
NEW LOGIN PROCESS - 2017-2018 Student Health Insurance Plan
- Your user account has been created for you.
- Your user name is your UMB email address.
- Your temporary password is your Banner ID.
If your Banner ID is @00123456, enter 000123456 as the password. (You can get your Banner ID on the Welcome Page of SURFS, under the "Registration Status" link.)
- You will be prompted to reset your password the first time you log in. A secure link will be sent to your UMB email address to complete the process. Once the password is reset, you will not receive a prompt again.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form.
- Print or write down your reference number. Receipt of this number only confirms submission, not acceptance, of your waiver request.
- If you are waiving coverage, your waiver is subject to a waiver verification process.
If you have any questions or would like to speak with a customer service representative, please contact Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk at 1-844-288-4916 or by going to our website www.gallagherstudent.com/umb and clicking on the Customer Service link.
Student Health Plans
Follow Health Care for Students to access information about the UMB Counseling Center, CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield, and an optional dental plan. Follow the Student Health link for location, hours, services provided, and specific information about birth control pills, immunizations, and needle stick procedures.
Student Vision Insurance
Students who enrolled in the UMB Student Health Insurance Plan are eligible to enroll in vision insurance. For additional information, please visit the following link:
Student Accident Insurance
All full-time registered students and/or other recognized student groups approved by the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) will be enrolled in and billed for the UMB Accident Only Insurance Plan. Distance learning online students are not eligible. However, online students who physically attend the college for academic purposes are eligible.
For additional information on the policy, please use the following links: