Center for Information Technology Services
The Software Licensing Office
The Software Licensing Office was created to assure the availability of site licensed or educationally-priced software to members of the University of Maryland computing community. This office will take advantage of the University's purchasing power to negotiate the best possible price and value on volume software purchases. It will provide a mechanism to bring the software licensing needs of distributed groups together to save the University.
The Software Licensing Office will provide the campus with the following services:
- Facilitation of software procurement on volume purchases
- Software distribution
- Answer questions concerning software licensing based on the volume purchases
- Website with current Software Licensing Information
- CD duplication
Software currently available for Personal Use / Work-at-Home:
Software currently available for Departmental Use:
- ESRI ArcGIS
- IBM SPSS (new name for PASW)
- Shavlik (NetChk Protect 6.5)
- Wolfram Research (Mathematica 8)
For additional information call (410) 706-8166.