After You Apply
After you submit your application for housing, you will receive an email from the Housing Office that will include your Housing License, which will also contain an Installment and Collection Addendum Form (Pascault Row residents receive only the Housing License).
You will have three (3) business days from receipt of this email to return your signed license and place a hold on your desired unit. If you do not return your signed license within three (3) days of receipt, please contact the Housing Office before submitting it to ensure that the space you applied for is still available.
- Completed Housing License (emailed to you)
- Copy of your Acceptance Letter or proof of your affiliation with UMB, UMMC, or another local college or university.
- Completed Payment Information (included with the Housing License)
- Financial Aid Deferment (Only Fayette Square residents who are paying with financial aid)
- Financial Aid Deferment Addendum Form
- A copy of your verified Financial Aid Report from your SURF account -
- Meningococcal Vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination Information
- UMB Students must upload information to Castlebranch
- Non-UMB students must email a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination and Meningococcal Vaccination or a completed Meningococcal Vaccination Waiver Form (pdf).
- Completed Spouse and Partner Addendum to License if your spouse or partner will be living with you (please also email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to notify us that your spouse or partner will be living with you.)
- Completed Pet Addendum (Fayette Square Only) if you will be having a pet. Pets are not allowed in Pascault Row.
- If you have a service animal or emotional support animal, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- UMB Students Only: Email a copy of the front and back of your OneCard to firstname.lastname@example.org no more than three weeks prior to your move-in date so building access can be added.
This is a list of items that are not provided by UMB Housing, but that many residents bring with them to make their apartment feel like home. If you have roommates, you may want to contact them to coordinate on larger items.
- Mattress Pad
- Bed and Bath Linens (including bath mat)
- Shower Curtain with hooks (Fayette Square only)
- Lamps (There are no overhead lights in the bedroom or living room areas)
- Kitchenwares (pots & pans, dishes, silverware, glassware, can opener, dish rack, etc.)
- Small appliances (coffee maker, toaster or toaster oven, blender, air fryer)
- Laundry Basket / Bag, Detergent, and Softener (all machines in Fayette Square are HE certified)
- Trash Cans for bathroom and kitchen
- Decorations for walls (Only small nails or pinholes or allowed for decorating)
- Entertainment devices (TV, Laptop, Computer)
- Computer & Ethernet Cable
- Charging Cables
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Food / Beverages
- Book Bag / Backpack
Residents can check in on or after the date set forth on their UMB Housing License. Check-in is available 24/7 at the Management Office, located at 518 W. Fayette Street; Baltimore, MD 21201. It is recommended that you pick up your University ID prior to move-in so that it can be programmed with access to your building (this will require you to electronically submit your photo to the OneCard Office at least 1 week prior to your desired move-in date).
All residents will receive a welcome letter prior to their move-in date. The email address this is sent to will be the email address that all future communications will be sent to. If you want to change your primary email address, send an email to email@example.com with your request. In the welcome letter, there will be information about scheduling a move-in appointment (for Fayette Square). Street parking or the Lexington Parking Garage are available for Pascault Row residents.
Please review the welcome letter closely as it contains information on move-in and signing up for the resident portal. We are excited to welcome you to campus!
Fayette Square Residents: If you wish to utilize on-campus parking at the Lexington Garage (660 W. Lexington St.) or Baltimore Grand (5 N. Paca St.) for parking your vehicle, please complete a parking application. Once completed, you must e-sign the parking addendum that will be emailed to you as either a HelloSign or DocuSign document or you can complete and return the PDF addendum version below. If you would like to park in the Fayette Square Parking Garage (located on the 1st floor and ground level of the Tower Building), DO NOT fill out the above parking application, instead, please email UMBHousing@umaryland.edu to sign up. Limited spaces are available.
Pascault Row Residents: Please follow the Resident Student section of the Parking and Transportation Services website. You DO NOT have to complete a parking addendum.
Please note, there are not any electric vehicle charging stations available in the Fayette Square Parking Garage. EV charging stations are available in both the Baltimore Grand and Lexington Garage.