For additional off-campus housing opportunities, visit the UMB Community Classifieds.
After You Apply
After you submit your application for housing, you will receive an email from the Housing Office that will include your Housing License, which will also contain a Meningococcal Vaccine Waiver Form, and an Installment and Collection Addendum Form (Pascault Row residents receive only the Housing License and Meningococcal Vaccine Waiver Form).
You will have three (3) business days from receipt of this email to return your signed license and place a hold on your desired unit. If you do not return your signed license within three (3) days of receipt, please contact the Housing Office before submitting it to ensure that the space you applied for is still available.
- Completed Housing License (emailed to you)
- Copy of your Acceptance Letter or proof of your affiliation with UMB, UMMC, or another USM university.
- Completed Payment Information (the Collection Addendum was included as part of your electronic license)
- If paying monthly from your own funds and will live in Fayette Square - print off, complete, and submit one of these forms (depending on whether you are on a 10-month or 12-month license):
- If you are paying with Financial Aid and living in Fayette Square - print off, complete, and submit these forms:
- Completed Meningococcal Vaccination Waiver Form (pdf)with proof of vaccination if the waiver is not signed.
- Completed Spouse and Partner Addendum to LicenseLicense if your spouse or partner will be living with you (please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to notify us that your spouse or partner will be living with you.)
- Completed Pet Addendum (Fayette Square Only) if you will be having a pet live with you.
This is a list of items that are not provided by UMB Housing, but that many residents bring with them to make their apartment feel like home. If you have roommates, you may want to contact them to coordinate on larger items.
- Mattress Pad
- Bed and Bath Linens (including bath mat)
- Shower Curtain with hooks (Fayette Square only)
- Lamps (There are no overhead lights in the bedroom or living room areas)
- Kitchenwares (pots & pans, dishes, silverware, glassware, can opener, dish rack, etc.)
- Small appliances (coffee maker, toaster or toaster oven, blender, air fryer)
- Laundry Basket / Bag, Detergent, and Softener (all machines in Fayette Square are HE certified)
- Trash Cans for bathroom and kitchen
- Decorations for walls (Only small nails or pinholes or allowed for decorating)
- Entertainment devices (TV, Laptop, Computer)
- Computer & Ethernet Cable
- Charging Cables
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Food / Beverages
- Book Bag / Backpack
According to the dates set forth on your UMB Housing License, you will be required to check-in at the Housing Office located at 518 W Fayette Street; Baltimore MD 21201 to pick up your keys. It is advised that you pick up your University ID prior to move-in so that it can be programmed with access to your building (this will require you to electronically submit your photo to the OneCard Office at least 1 week prior to your desired move-in date). Due to restrictions on parking, Fayette Square residents will receive information prior to move-in regarding the move-in process and items requiring your action to sign-up for a limited number of move-in appointments to unload within the courtyard area. Please e-mail us at email@example.com with your estimated move-in date. If you do not take advantage of the courtyard appointment times, you will need to park your vehicle on the street (there are parking restrictions during rush hour from 7 - 10 a.m. and 4 - 6 p.m. so please plan accordingly) or in a public garage to unload your belongings.
If you are a Fayette Square resident and wish to utilize on-campus parking for a vehicle please complete the following documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you are a Pascault Row resident, please go to the Parking Office located on the Ground Floor of the Campus Center to purchase your parking.