- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Healthy Selfie Week
Prioritize your mental well-being. Lead a healthier student life.
Current statistics from the American College Health Association indicate that though the majority (over 50%) of college students have reported suffering from symptoms of mental health distress, including anxiety, mental exhaustion, extreme loneliness, and severe sadness, over 72.7% reported not being diagnosed with any mental illness in thepast year (Nobiling, B. and MaykrantzIn, S., 2017).
Mental illness affects everyone, both directly and indirectly, through family, friends, classmates, and coworkers. Yet, despite the prevalence and reach of mental illness on campus, stigma is widespread. Each year the Wellness Hub hosts Mental Health Awareness week from October 6 -12. The week consists of a variety of workshops, screenings, and tabling events with multiple partners across the UMB community. #UMBHealthySelfie
A list of past collaborators for Healthy Selfie Week:
- American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP)
- Interprofessional Student Learning and Service Initiatives (ISLSI)
- Student Counseling Center
- UMB Community Health and Addictions Team (CHAT)
- UMB National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI)
- UMB Scholars for Recovery
- The Wellness Hub
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.